Thursday, July 25, 2013

New Release Review For Take Me Now (Take Me Now #1) by Faith Sullivan

I just want to say a few words about Faith Sullivan. Usually this is not the norm for me but I feel like I have to share with my readers why I love Faith Sullivan's writing. The first book I ever read from Faith was Unexpected. Unexpected is a story about a girl who is in New York attending college when 9/11 happens. I have to say that I laughed and I cried while reading this book.Faith knows how to write a story like no one's business. She catches you right from the first page and keeps you riveted to the end needing more like you need air to breathe. I am so proud of Faith. She has written so many books and with each book I read from her I beam like a proud mother because she keeps getting better and better! So Faith I want to say I am so proud of you and please keep writing because I need more Eric's and Adam's in my life! 

Synopsis:

How do you survive the internship from hell?

Don't fall in love.

Ivy thought being a reporter-in-training at the Independent Gazette would be her dream summer job. Little did she know, interviewing Eric, a landscaper with a heart of gold, would derail her plans. It turns out Ivy's boss, Lauren, has been eyeing his chiseled physique for quite some time.

But at twenty-four, Eric already has a tragic past, one that he is still reeling from. Even though his ordeal turned him into some sort of local celebrity, it's been a while since he's shared his bed with anyone. When he comes to Ivy's rescue out of the blue, it's not long before the two of them start seeing each other behind Lauren's back. When they get caught, Ivy's journey toward a college degree is jeopardized and her relationship with Eric is severely put to the test.

Career versus love? In the end, a shocking turn of events provides Ivy with a revelation she never saw coming.

Goodreads:

My Review

5 of 5 Eric Young

Take Me Now..... where to begin my review...... lord knows I have been through this before with Faith's books. I love how she can pull you in and then rip your heart right out. The push and pull of the characters always has me screaming or crying or just plain out shocked by their behavior and Take Me Now is no exception! I mean it took me a few days to read it because I have been having more migraines so my reading has slowed down but Boy oh Boy did I cry and then I laughed and then I screamed to only get to the ending and say what in the hell!!!!!!!!!

Ivy is finishing up her semester before summer break. She needs to do her internship and she has no idea where she is going to do her internship until her best Ryan tells her she can intern for his step sisters newspaper. Ivy is so excited she could not be more happy because Ryan has come through for her and she is determined to make him proud. But when she reaches her new job she is greeted by a boss from hell. Ryan forgot to tell Ivy that his stepsister Lauren was a real live bitch.

Ivy's first assignment is to get the low down on a recluse business owner for Lauren. Lauren wants to know everything about him because she wants this man and she will stop at nothing to get him. As soon as Ivy starts out on her errands for Lauren she finds herself staring right into the eyes of her crush Will. She has to work with Will and she is not so sure she can do it because Will has been her crush her whole entire life and she has never dated anyone because she has waited for Will to notice her. But once again Will does what he does best and that is flat out ignores her and uses her when it is needed.

Ivy has finally seen the light and has decided that she is better off without Will in her life. So next stop Mr. Recluse and when her car breaks down and she walks the back roads for a few miles and stumbles upon Mr. Recluse she can see why Lauren wants him for herself. As Ivy and Mr. Recluse whose name is Eric get closer things start to go from bad to worse for Ivy and Eric. Lauren is determined to have him and Ryan is determined to have Ivy at any cost. What happens in this story is nothing short of amazing! I loved all the characters even the bad ones. So I am dying to see what happens in book two. Faith I need it like I need air to breathe!!!!!!!!!! 

Author Bio:
About Me:

I really hate talking about myself. My goal is to have the shortest author bio imaginable. I would much rather have a conversation with my readers.

Are you able to escape within my pages?
Does my writing make you feel something?
Are there characters that you can't get out of your head?

Let me know! 



Random Things about Me

- I was so much smarter as a teenager.

- I am a slow reader.

- I tend to like a book more for its characters than its plot.

- I appreciate people who are genuinely kind and come through when you need them.

- It's true, creative people are not always fun to live with, but we keep things interesting.

- I miss the days when all I had was a rotary phone without even an answering machine.

- I'm a child of the 1980s, and a teenager of the 1990s.

- I love my dog.

- I love to travel and see new places - when my limited budget allows.

- I think in another lifetime I lived in the UK somewhere by the coast.

- When I feel an emotion, I feel it deeply. It's a curse.

- I have an overactive imagination. Writing helps alleviate that problem.

- Nine times out of ten, I believe a good book trumps reality hands down.

1 comment:

Mickey said...

Ha! I love your reaction. I'm glad you enjoyed the book! I know I did!!