Sunday, February 17, 2013

My Wholly Heartbreaking Heretic by Danielle Peterson Book Review

This follow-up novella to the critically acclaimed Our Blissful Bayou Beginnings is set in the American West in the 1970s against a backdrop of a counterculture spiritual movement. RĂ©mi is attempting to live quietly as a tradesman in Arizona, but his peaceful respite is soon ended when Bichette forces her way back into his life. Against his better judgment he accepts a quest from her and soon he finds himself searching not just for a man foolish enough to cross his temperamental immortal beloved, but searching through Bichette’s own past and secrets as well.

My Review

5 of 5 True Love

I have to say that I love these Novella's from Danielle. She has such a way of writing that draws you in and makes you want to keep reading until the end. This Novella is short but it is packed with so many descriptions and the era that it is from is a very fun era. Remi oh man Remi I just love him to pieces and I can't get enough of him. He wears his heart on his sleeve and will do anything for Bichette.

What would you do for love? What would you do to preserve the memory of love? This is a story that will uncover love at the rawest point in a persons life. Come along and see what has Bichette fretting and sending Bichette to find Remi to retrieve something that is very important to her.

Remi has started a new life living as a tradesman in Arizona. His life quiet and simple that is until Bichette shows up and asks him to find something for her. At first Remi is not sure he wants to do it but Remi will do anything for Bichette. Once he starts his quest searching for the thing that Bichette wants Remi soon finds out that he is searching for something very private and close to Bichette. Once Remi finds it he brings it back to Remi and they sit down and Remi asks her to explain why she needed what she needed. When Remi hears why Bichette wanted what she wanted he is humbled because he never would have thought about Bichette in that light.
About this author
I was born in Spokane, Washington, smackdab in the middle of the 80s. I attended Mt Spokane High School and Spokane Community College, and then after a failed marraige moved to The Netherlands, where I have lived for almost five years now. I currently study International Public Management and I live with my boyfriend and our dog.

As for my likes? Well, even though I know it isn't very intellectual of me, the time that I don't spend working or writing I am most likely to be playing on my PS3. I also love reading, of course, and I have a stack of books so tall it obstructs the window next to my bed. Lately I have been getting into vintage vinyl, but I'm not like, hip or anything. I don't listen to club covers of Yaz or anything, mostly Fleetwood Mac and Heart and Elton John.

Where to find Dani:
Website
Twitter username

No comments: