Sunday, December 23, 2012

*** Merry Christmas *** Twelve Days by Ros Clarke

On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me... a flashmob proposal.

All Kevin wants is to spend the rest of his life with the woman he loves. He's been planning the perfect proposal for months. He never planned what would happen if she said 'no'.

On the fifth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me... a diamond ring.

The last thing Laurel wants or expects for Christmas is a big flashy diamond ring. She'd been hoping for a pile of books or perhaps a cashmere sweater. In her experience, marriage is the quickest way to kill a happy relationship. When Kevin gets down on one knee, she panics and runs.

On the twelfth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me... a rescue puppy and a trip to Hawaii.

He knows he's pushed too hard and too fast. Now he's scrambling to hold on to the best thing that's ever happened to him, while she's running hard and fast in the opposite direction. How could it all go so wrong in just twelve days?
I’m a writer, a student, a church worker, a crafter, a blogger, a twitterer, a lazy gardener, an appalling housekeeper. I’m interested in almost everything except cricket and football and mostly I like learning new things.

I’ve written some books. Reckless Runaway at the Racecourse is my first venture into the world of self-publishing. It’s a category-length contemporary romance novel set in the exciting, glamorous world of horse racing. The Tycoon’s Convenient Wife, a sweeter fairytale story, is now also available. I’ve had two short stories (All I Want For Christmas and Table For One) and a category length novel (The Oil Tycoon and Her Sexy Sheikh) published by Entangled Publishing. I’ve got a couple more books hopefully coming out with Entangled and another self-publishing venture in the near future.

I’m still working on my never-ending PhD. I hope to submit the thesis within the next few months and I CANNOT WAIT!!! I’m a student at one of the UK’s newest universities: the University of the Highlands and Islands, and I am based at the Highland Theological College (virtually based – I don’t live in Scotland!).

I live in Stafford and I go to Castle Church where I am the Discipleship and Training Pastor.

I make stuff. Mostly I post about this in Making Monday posts but it’s likely to creep over into other posts too. I knit, sew, spin, weave, cook, paint, crochet, colour and drill holes. Other stuff too.

I blog here and also, a bit, on my review blog.

I tweet about everything and nothing.

The Old Shed is the name of my real house and it will feature on the blog too. That’s how you’ll know I’m telling the truth about the gardening and housework.

So, settle in, have a look around and please join in the chat! Everyone is welcome and there’s usually someone around to talk to.

No comments: