Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Falling In Between By Devon Ashley Book Review And Character Interviews

Falling In Between (Falling #1)

Finally! A private conversation. And all I had to do was throw myself off a cliff, drown in a pond in my undies and let him put his hands on my breasts to bring me back to life. Yay me! (yeah, that's sarcasm)

Yep, that pretty much sums up the most craptastic night of Jenna Baker’s life. She drowns after jumping off a cliff, meets a hotty named Chance in the pearlescent in-between and is brought back to life by her soon-to-be boyfriend Robert.

Just when things start to move forward with Robert, the guy she'd been crushing on for a year now, in walks the man of her dreams – literally. Chance suddenly appears in her dream every time she closes her eyes. So it's Robert by day and Chance by night. One in the real world and one in the dream world. What could possibly go wrong?

Absolutely nothing – until she comes face to face with the guy she met in the in-between, and realizes her romantic rendezvous with Chance may be more than just her imagination.

Mature YA. Recommended for older teenagers

Thank you guys for stopping by A Diary Of A Book Addict today. I know you guys are busy with college starting soon so I will make this brief. Everyone can't get enough of you guys and the readers really wanted to ask a lot of questions but I told them we could only ask three. Guys the girls SO wanted to kill me but I told them they can still swoon quietly. Girls the guys had SOOOOO many questions and of course there were cat calls and lot's of blushing going on. tehehehe

So guys here goes the questions for each of you and yes OMG they are all different!

Robert:

1. What was going on in your mind when you were looking for Jenna under the water? Sheer panic. I planned on asking her out at the beginning of term but we didn't have any classes together and I hadn't seen her yet. I was starting to wonder if she was even still attending Pennington Academy. So when Sophie said it was Jenna that was lost in the pond, I just panicked. I went under and refused to come back up without her. I was pretty close to drowning myself.

2. Where you nervous when you asked Jenna to be your girlfriend? Oh, man. A little. I mean, I knew she'd say yes, but still. That fear of rejection from someone you really want always weighs heavy in the back of your mind. Luckily she said yes!

3. Why do you think your mom is so against you wanting to be with Jenna? Probably cause Jenna is the complete opposite of what she expects me to be with. Jenna's not rich, didn't come from high society and isn't related to any of the families my mother considers worthy to acknowledge. But she doesn't know Jenna. She hasn't taken the time to see what I see. And Jenna's better than the girls my mother has in mind for me.

Jenna:

1. How did you feel when you woke up in the hospital and found out Robert had saved you? Dumbfounded? Even more so when Sophie told me she had to pull the best friend card just to get to be the one visitor I could have in ICU. Yeah, I was totally into him, and I hoped he liked me too, but I just wasn't so sure he was. Nothin' like a mini tragedy to bring everyone together, huh?

2. When did you realize you had fallen in love with both Robert and Chance? Probably when I realized Chance was alive in the real world and wasn't really just a figment of my imagination. I love them both, I won't lie. Still do.

3. In four years will you contact the guy you didn't choose and see how he's doing or are you going to forget about him? Um, I don't know. A part of me will always love both guys and a part of me will always wonder, but I suppose it's best for all to just move forward, right? But maybe...

Jhett:

1. When you found out Jenna was the one who was drowning what were you thinking when you guys could not find her in the water? Oh *hit she's dead.

2. What did Robert say to you when you tried to give Jenna CPR? Uh, I don't think I can repeat those colorful words on here. Needless to say, he was a little stressed and panicky at that moment. I didn't want him to stop working on Jenna just to keep shoving me off so I just stayed on the other side of her with my hands ready - just in case.

3. Are you and Sophie going to go to the same college and are you guys still going to continue to date? We're going to keep dating but we're going to be at different colleges this first year. Hopefully we'll figure out soon if we're worth staying together. I hope we are - cause my girl is funky and hot!

Sophie:

1. Did you think Jenna was going to die the night you guys jumped from the cliff? Oh-my-freakin'-God! Yes! For a split second I thought she was just screwing with me cause I bullied her into jumping, but when she didn't come up after fifteen seconds I completely flipped out and started screaming. If Robert and Jhett hadn't come running up, I don't know what would've happened. I'm not as a good a swimmer as they are. I couldn't even dive to the bottom of the pond.

2. Are you guys going to keep in touch when you guys leave high school? Hell yeah! Jenna's like my sister. Besides, this girl knows all my dirrrrty secrets and could totally burn me if I ever flipped her switch!

3. All the ladies want to know are you going to stay with Jhett while you guys go to college? Well, turns out we've been accepted to different universities. We're gonna try the long distance thing this year and if we're still interested in being a couple, we're gonna try to get into the same college somewhere so we can try this relationship for real. But I hope so!

Chance...er Evan...I am really not sure what to call you.....

1. What were you and the bobble-head Barbie arguing about in the car on that night of the accident? Aw crap! I knew this was going to come back to haunt me! Melissa and I had just broken up. We were always fighting and I just didn't want to do it anymore. During the car ride home she was throwing a fit about me never loving her. I shook my head and rolled my eyes cause the truth was, I was just annoyed at that point. She saw me and smacked me. I had just turned my head toward her, ready to yell and smack. Next thing I know I'm waking up in a hospital and it's been the better part of a year.

2. When you woke up what was the first thing you remember? Well, my memory's kind of fuzzy from when I woke up. Now it all just feels like a dream. But I think my first thoughts were something along the lines of "What the fu-dge?" and "Is that hot nurse the one that's been sponge-batheing me? Awesome!"

3. Would your friends really disown you if they knew you were dating a girl from Pennington Academy? Shh! I'm still trying to keep that on the down-low! Most of the Penn girls are absolute snobs and are the laughing stock of our high school. And it's not so much they would disown me as they would make my life a living hell! I would be a walking social disaster at my school. So the girl better be well worth it! (She is, by the way).
Guys thanks for stopping by A Diary Of A book Addict. We really appreciate you taking the time out and answering our questions. I just have one question is there going to be more to your story that we will see? Like maybe another book or even a Novella? Inquiring minds want to know!

Hmm...it's highly probable! The story doesn't end just cause the book comes to a close! 2013 just might bring a follow-up novel to Falling In Between!

Please don't forget to stop by on February 17, 2012 to read my review and enter to win a copy of Falling In Between!

No comments: