Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Early Release Day Devour By Shelly Crane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Devour (Devour #1)

Clara has it all. A wrestling star boyfriend, popular friends, all the right school activities...pretty much a perfect life...up until her parents died. Now she lives with the Pastor and his family and though they take good care of her, she feels alone. Then her boyfriend, Tate, starts to show signs of trouble when a new guy, Eli, comes to town. Clara is fascinated with him but hides it until something happens. Eli confesses to her that she gives him something he's never had before...something he needs. Everything is about to change for this normal pretty popular girl in a supernatural way.

My Review:
Warning: This book will devour you!

My Rating: 10 of 10!

My Cover Thoughts: I love the cover! Shelly has done it again with an amazing cover! It is of a girl and a guy just lying in the grass just staring up into the sky looking at something. They are looking at something that makes them happy because they are smiling.

My Thoughts/Review: Shelly Crane has done it again. This series will have you on the edge of your seat. She sets the background in a world where hurt and devastation is all around. People will have to make choices and stand by the decision they make. Some people will gain friends and others will lose friends. Love is always there but is it real or fake?

Would you be able to stand against your friends? Would you stand up for someone you never hung out with? Would you hurt someone’s feelings just because everyone else did? Standing up to the school bullies is never easy enough but will you be devoured or will you be doing the devouring?

What happens when Clara falls for Eli? Will she love him or will he love her? Is he right for her or wrong for her? Will they be together? Clara already has a boyfriend she loves but will he be enough. Read on to find out what happens and see if you too will be devoured?

Memorable Quotes: ―I‘ve been called a tease before, I muttered thinking about Tate and then regretting it.

―You are not a tease. I asked for it didn‘t I? I won‘t get the wrong idea, I‘m glad to spend any time with you I can get. Sometimes...a kiss is just that.‖

I pulled him back to me and let him ravish my mouth furiously, turning in my seat to reach him better. His breaths were huffing like we were running a marathon and he groaned several times as my skin heated and he absorbed the want I felt for him and my happiness at the situation for the moment. It was odd to think that I was essentially feeding him what he needed to survive. When I ran my hand through his hair his grip tightened on me and he pulled me closer and I let him kiss me deeper.

I let him devour me.

Advice: Devour this book before it Devours You!

Image and Blurb from: http://www.goodreads.com/



So you want to win a copy of Devour! Just leave a comment and tell me what you think the book is about and see if you win a copy! I am giving away three e-book copies!



9 comments:

jmoody said...

I think the book is about love,questioning who you are and who your friends are.
I would love to read this book!
thanks for the giveaway!!

Fathima said...

I think its about loving someone from the bottom of your heart without any conditions !! More like an uncnditional love !! On the supernatural side , i think Eli's life is dependent Clara !! For some reason i cant shake off this feeling about this book !!

KB Miller said...

I think this book is about deep love. The cover is amazing and I cannot wait to read this one.

Nicole :) said...

I think this book is about loving unconditionally and believing i yourself (with help from the people who love you). <3 <3 <3 can't wait to read!

Meridyth said...

I think that this book is about finding love when all else is lost. i am excited about reading this book!

mano said...

I think this book is about finding true love and passing its difficulties and forgiveness and realizing who you really are,just being yourself.
plus its romance suspense and supernatural effect!!

Leah said...

To be honest I hadn't heard much about Devoured but I am familiar with Shelly Crane, and after reading the synopsis I would very much love to devour this book.

I personally feel Devour is about a girl who will have to come to terms with her families death, figure out where her heart is (with Tate or Eli) and will probably have some major decisions to make about her future.

Denise Z said...

Of course Devour sounds like a coming of age story and a maturation of a young woman with gifts she is not yet aware of, but I am so not sure what is going to happen or what twist will send Clara on her journey and will she choose wisely. I am hooked, I have to know, I need to read Devour LOL Thanks you for sharing and for the awesome opportunity to win a copy.

dz59001[at]gmail[dot]com

Dee Krull said...

I am intrigued and defiantly want to read Devoured. The cover is beautiful and I believe an important clue to what the book is about. A young girl, loss of family, decisions and a love story between a human and a supernatural boy with unusual needs that he can get only from Clara. Her romance with Tate is comfortable and real but with Eli she feels something she has never felt before. Her decision is what she must give up to be with him.