Saturday, October 22, 2011

Tangled Bloodlines by Deborah Noel

Tangled Blood Lines

Title: Tangled Blood lines

Author: Deborah Noel

Series: Book # 1 of 3

Release Date: July 10, 2011

Source: ARC Copy from Deborah Noel

Blurb: "This is not your sweet sparkling vampire story. Old-school vampires have re-surfaced, responsible for brutal murders and more blood than anyone can cope with. In ""Tangled Blood Lines"", Cianna Fitzgerald, a young but "retired" crime scene investigator, finds herself back in a world she walked away from some years ago.

She grew up in twentieth century Pennsylvania countryside knowing she possesses superhuman powers from her "Irish pixie" bloodlines. She had retired after a particularly tough case where the victim was her husband's twin brother. After her brief respite from murders and homicides, Cianna witnesses a killing where the murderer is a vampire. Her daughter goes missing soon after the killing. Cianna and the love she had once pushed out of her life, her estranged husband Declan, travel halfway around the world to try to save their child.

As the mystery unravels, she learns that although she is a half-breed, the other half isn't "Irish pixie" as she grew up believing - weaving her into a more tangled history and frightening future than she had bargained for.

Warning: This book is VAMPIREISTIC! Blood thirsty with a hint of crazy!

My Rating: This book series is going to be EPIC! 10 of 10!!!!!!!!

My Cover Thoughts: I love the cover. It is of a woman walking holding her head up high going into the face of danger and no regret. The eyes had me drawn in wondering what were they, whose eyes were they, and why are they watching her.

My Thoughts/Review: OMG this book came to me about a month or two ago when I was in school. I got so caught up in school that it was hard for me to start it. To say that I was very angry I did not pick it up sooner is an understatement. Once I started reading it I could not put it down. It captivated me right from the start and I had to know what happened to these unique characters Deborah has created. So without further ado here is what I thought.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!!! Cianna is an investigative crime scene photographer. She goes to the scenes of crimes and takes pictures. She has an eye for detail and she loves to take pictures until one crime scene was so brutal she passed out. She went to a crime scene and started taking pictures of all the corpses until she points her camera at the last corpse and she thinks it is her husband. She screams and passes out and when she awakens she finds out it was her husband’s twin brother and not her husband. She is so devastated she retires because she can’t handle the work. But once she is retired she misses her work so when her Uncle Sam calls her and asks her to look at some crime scene photos she jumps at the chance because she misses it.

The only thing is she misses her husband to and she does not want her daughter caught up in any police business. Her Uncle Sam convinces her he can talk to Declan and he will be okay with her looking at the pictures. As the story goes on Cianna looks at the crime scene photos and she tries to see what the link is between the murders. She must also learn to trust some people on the way because she will need them. Not everyone is what they appear but through all of it she knows who she can trust and who she can’t.

Cianna will go on an adventure of a lifetime and she will travel far and wide to get back what was taken from her. She will stop at nothing to get it back. She will learn in the process what she is and what she can do. She was raised to believe she was one thing but the truth comes out and she has to come to turns with the fact that she is a Supe and she never knew it. She knew she was different but what she never knew. What will she do with her new knowledge? Will she embrace her future or will she rebel against it? Will she be able to solve the murders in time? Will she get back what she loves most in the world?

Read on to find out! This book will leave you BREATHLESS! I know it did it to me!

Memorable Quotes: Page 43 Declan and Cianna talking: He broke his body away first. Keeping his forehead against mine and our noses touching, he lingered. I moved my hand to push his lips back to mine from the back of his head, but he arched his neck to stop it from happening. I opened my eyes to look into his. They were so close I couldn’t get them into focus. We didn’t break the embrace. It seemed if time had disappeared and we were all that was left. “There is much to do,” he was barely audible. I blinked once. “Lots of planning,” he said no louder than before. I blinked again. He pulled back from our embrace and smiled wildly. “Really?” he asked in the same tone. I slowly closed my eyes and opened them again. A single tear fell from his eye. I caught it halfway down his cheek with my finger. “The walls are gone, Declan,” I winked. “You are officially allowed back in.” “A chuisle (a kwish-la),” his Gaelic native language filled my brain. My love. I replied in Gaelic out loud, “Is tu mo grha (iss two muh guhraw), Declan.” I love you.

Advice: This is a must read! EPIC Series!

Image and Blurb from: www.goodreads.com

No comments: