Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Wake up Wednesday

This week has been so hectic for me. I am getting the kids ready to go back to school and I myself am starting classes on Monday.

I have started reading a series by M. Leighton Called The Blood Like Poison Series and so far it has me hooked! There are going to be three books in the series. The first two are out and the third one is coming out September 05, 2011!

For the Love of a Vampire (Blood Like Poison, #1)

Like most seventeen year olds, Ridley Heller thought she had her future all planned out. What she wanted most in life was to get out of small town Harker. Her only goal was to keep her mouth shut and her grades high so she could win a cheerleading scholarship to Stanford. But that was before she met Bo.


In Ridley's wildest dreams, she could never have planned for someone like Bo, for a love so intense it left her breathless. No human girl could.

A haunting stranger that watched her from afar, Bo stole Ridley's heart from the moment she laid eyes on him. But he has secrets. Bo's a vampire. Both his past and his present are a danger to Ridley, but the biggest threat is not her blood; it's her heart. He's feeding a thirst for revenge that will cost him his life, and it may already be too late.

The more darkness Ridley uncovers, the more she realizes that her life will never be the same-with or without Bo. Can she sacrifice her future and her heart for someone who has a death wish?


Destined for a Vampire (Blood Like Poison, #2)

Ridley Heller thought that all her problems would be over if she could have Bo back-back from the dead. But what Ridley didn't know was that her wish would come at a price.


Bo survived a condition that would have killed a lesser vampire, or any vampire for that matter. The only reason he didn't die is because of who he is, someone Ridley doesn't know at all. Someone Bo himself doesn't know at all.

As Ridley gets closer to finding out Bo's true identity, she discovers that loving him could also come at a price, a price much higher than she ever could have imagined. The question is: is there any such thing as a price too high to pay for Bo? For his love, for his safety, for eternity in his arms?




OMG I can not wait for September 05, 2011! I will be up all night reading reading reading!!!!!!!!!!

I am also finishing up Vampires Rule by K.C. Blake and let me tell you this is another series to go crazy over! Jack is the man :)

Vampires Rule (The Rule #1)

They don't call him Jackpot for nothing.


Jack has always beat the odds... until now. When a werewolf tried to kill him, vampires saved him. When he got tired of life as a vampire, another attack gave him back his mortality. Now Jack just wants to live a normal life, but what's normal about having a hunter for a girlfriend, a brother who wants to stake him to be on the safe side, and a werewolf building an army to rule the world?
The next book is Werewolves Rule and I could not find out much info on it so I decided to e-mail the author and I will keep you posted.

This is what is on her blog: Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Trials of Editing
I have editing on the brain right now because I am up to my chin in it with Werewolves Rule. My head has hurt almost non-stop this month because I am staring at the computer screen, reading and editing every day. Sometimes I work late into the night too. Not good for the eyes. Then when I'm not working on my book, I'm doing this blog, Goodreads, Facebook, Twitter, etc. My eyes and head really need a rest, but I want to get this done. I am in the homestretch now, and I can see the finish line. Very exciting.

I also have a few other people editing it too, but the problem is that we are all so familiar with the book that we miss stuff. After reading through Crushed more than a dozen times, a friend and I were shocked when someone found a mispelled word in one of our favorite scenes. How did we miss that? It was so obvious.

Anyway, that's what I've been doing. Hope everyone out there is doing good. Happy writing!

She also has another book called Crushed: The Witch Game Book 1
Crushed (The Witch-Game #1)

The Noah sisters rule Titan High with their beauty, brains, and magical powers.


Each year they play a secret game: Crushed. The girls pick their targets carefully and blow enchanted dust into the boy’s faces, charming them, but this year Kristen makes a grave mistake. She chooses the wrong boy and almost dies that same day. Coincidence? Maybe.

But something isn’t quite right about Zach Bevian. He doesn’t behave like a boy who’s been Crushed. He goes from hot to cold, from looking at her with contempt to asking her out on a date. She doesn’t know what to think. Does he hate her or is he truly falling for her? Is he trying to kill her, or is he trying to save her?
What do you guys think? I think I am going to get it on Smashwords.com and read it and get back to you guys!
 
And last but not least my best friend from Australia Ange sent me two books for my birthday!
 
Winter's Shadow
 
Blake Duchamp...


He's all that Winter Adams can think of. Ever since their fateful meeting at Pilgrim's Lament. Ever since he looked at her with those emerald eyes. Ever since he saved her life.

But Blake isn't all that he seems. There is a strangeness about him, something dark and otherworldly. Something dangerous. In his attic is a secret he would kill to defend, but Winter seems to have a special ability to make him forget his duty. And he is her only protection against the gathering darkness.

The only problem is, to protect Winter, Blake must risk exposing her to an even greater danger. Himself.

Saving June
 
Harper Scott, trying to come to terms with her perfect older sister June's suicide, takes a road trip and finds love with a mysterious boy who had a connection to June-- and may know more about her sister's life and death than he's telling.


WooWee I can not wait to start reading!
 
Happy Wednesday and Happy Reading :P

No comments: