Friday, August 12, 2011

Uprising Review By Shelly Crane

Uprising by Shelly Crane

Title: Uprising
Author: Shelly Crane
Series: Book # 2 of 3
Release Date: June 26, 2011
Source: Copy from Author in exchange for a Review

Blurb: Sherry and Merrick's story continues in this sequel to Collide- Uprising. In this installment, we come face to face with old acquantances and new friends and new enemies. Things will change for all of them especially when a little girl is found and everyone's loyalties are tested. A revelation may upset the delicate balance they've all tried so hard to set. New proprestive...moreSherry and Merrick's story continues in this sequel to Collide- Uprising. In this installment, we come face to face with old acquaintances and new friends and new enemies. Things will change for all of them especially when a little girl is found and everyone's loyalties are tested. A revelation may upset the delicate balance they've all tried so hard to set. New prospects are put into play giving us new romances and drama to explore. There's new love, new rivalries and new transformations in the continuing series of Collide.

Warning: This book is CALIENTE! Hot... Hot... Hot...
My Rating:     

My Cover Thoughts: I love the new cover! Congrats Shelly for the new art work. Four hearts representing the four people she loves the most. You’ll have to read the book in order to find out who they are.

My Thoughts/Review: This book picks up where the last one left off. Sherry and Merrick are now a couple. Danny is safe for now but there is so much that has happened. They have had to move around just to survive and some of the people they are with have been hurt or killed. Sherry is getting weary because the Takers have taken over the world and are looking to kill anyone that turns their back on them. Sherry is hidden in a bunker with Merrick and Danny and they are trying to figure out how to fight the Takers.

While in this bunker Sherry has become the mother hen and everyone looks up to her. She has become the go to person and she also keeps everyone together. She and Merrick are nurturers and try and soothe everyone’s fears. In the second part of this trilogy Sherry is in trouble and Merrick has to find a way to save her and keep everyone else safe.

In this second book you get to meet new characters and you even get to see some arguing and some heart break. This story grips you right from the beginning. I promise you, you will fall in love with Merrick and The Lighters who have come to save the world and destroy the Takers and restore Earth back to its natural beauty before the Takers took over.

Memorable Quotes: Page 38 Merrick is talking to Sherry. “Sherry, please. I’m dying here, baby. Gah, I wish I knew where you were! I assume that Cain is with you. I hope he is... Unless he’s the one who... I’d kill him. I have no idea what happened but don’t be scared, honey. If nothing else just hear my voice and know I’m coming for you. We’re heading out right now to come look for you two. I love you. Stay out of danger. I’ll find you. I promise.”

Advice: This is a must read series! Shelly has the next syfy best seller on her hands. Once you start reading you will not be able to put this series down.
Image and Blurb from: www.goodreads.com


No comments: