Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Clarity by Jenna Kay

Clarity

Title: Clarity

Author: Jenna Kay

Series: Book # 1 of ?

Release Date: February 14, 2011

Source: Bought from Author’s Website http://www.seersociety.com/index.html


Blurb: CLARITY MILLER always thought of her life as semi-normal. She had friends that would do anything for her, a boyfriend that was madly in love with her, and a roof over her head that she shared with her aunt.

Everything seemed to be falling into place. That is, until the day she met Sam. When Sam informs her that he’s her guardian angel and that she has been given the gifts of a Seer, her life starts spiralling out of control. She wants nothing to do with the spiritual realm.


All she wants is to have a normal life as a teenager, but when a tragedy occurs that causes the whole town of Garlandton to fall to its knees she realizes that she has a very important decision to make.

Should she embrace the life of a Seer? Only time will tell . . .


Warning: This book is SEERTASTIC!


My Rating: 5 of 5


My Cover Thoughts: OMG I love the cover! It is of a girl kneeling down and looking into her hands. What is it that she sees? What could be wrong? Is she seeing things….


My Thoughts/Review: Clarity is finally in her senior year of high school and she is ready to rumble. She has a plan for her and her boyfriend and that plan is to graduate and get out of town. She wants to be anywhere but where she is because she lives in a Podunk town.


On the first day of school trouble starts to brew and Clarity has to face some hard cold facts about her life, love, and friendships. She has to decide whether or not she is going to stay in this town and help out or is she going to hit the decks running and leave everyone she loves behind and all the troubles.


Clarity has so much to think about, her best friend Sam needs her and most of all her boyfriend Brent needs her. When the troubles begin she has to learn to trust them and Sam. But who is Sam and where did he come from? Is he real or a figment of her imagination? She will soon learn what and who Sam is and she will have to face a reality she does not want to.


So come along and let’s take a ride on the Seer side and enjoy this story and follow Clarity and her friends on the bumpiest ride ever! What do ya say give it a go…


Memorable Quotes: Life had always seemed like a game to me, a never-ending game full of anticipation, hopelessness, extreme happiness, and devastating sadness. You win some, you lose some, and at the end of the day you either feel impressed with yourself, or you feel the utmost humiliation on what you've become.

For as long as I could remember my life had been a roller coaster ride, having the highest ups, the most twisted turns, and heavy stomach-dropping lows. In a way most people could analyze their lives as an enormous free fall containing a big climb of promise, only to end with a great fall of failure.

My life had taken such a wide surreal turn the past couple of months that I was unsure of what category I could place my life in. My world had been wrenched inside-out, put in a blender mixed with a huge pile of wrongness, only to be cruelly thrown back into a world brimming over with normalcy. However, being normal was not easy to come by in an imperfect world. Still, I did not know where I belonged anymore.

Did I still fit in with my friends? With my boyfriend?


Did I still fit in the world full of carefree partying?


Would I be able to go to college, have a career, get married, have kids, and die at an old age? Or. . .

Was I destined to live in the spirit realm, watching as angels and demons battled over unclaimed souls?

Did I belong in the Seer world?


Advice: This is a paranormal must read! I recommend everyone to read it, you will not be disappointed! I know I was not!


Image and Blurb from: www.goodreads.com





No comments: