Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Descended By Blood By Angeline Kace

Descended by Blood (A Vampire Born Trilogy, #1)

Title: Descended by Blood


Author: Angeline Kace

Series: Book # 1 of

Release Date: August 26, 2011

Book Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA61JJxLLrI

Source: ARC from the Author

Blurb: Brooke Keller is a high school junior who has never spent much time living in one place. She is finally in a town long enough to almost snag the boy of her dreams, until her life is threatened after killing a fanged man in his attempt to kidnap her. Brooke begins a dangerous journey in an effort to find out who is after her and how to stop them. In a world with powerful and prejudiced vampires, Brooke must tap into the side of her that she never knew existed at the risk of losing her life in order to save it.

Warning: This book is out of this world! I want more!

My Rating:     

My Cover Thoughts: I absolutely love the cover. It is of a girl looking out at something. She is not sure what she is seeing but she is deep in thought.

My Thoughts/Review: Brooke is your normal teenage high school girl. She has a best friend that she shares everything with and is excited it is their Junior year and soon they will be out of school and on to college where they can be free. See Brooke has moved around more times than she can count so she is excited that she has stayed so long where she is and she has a best friend and a secret crush on the hottest senior in school that is now officially single. With her friends encouragement she accepts a date with Jaren. They hit it off so well on there date they decide to see each other again.

All that is glitter is not gold though because Brookes mother is keeping a secret from her that just may kill her. Out on one of their dates Brooke realizes she is being followed by a guy. At first she does not say anything but then while she is at Jarens apartment the man shows up and tells her she must go with him on her own or he will remove her physically. Brooke looks at him like he is stupid and Jaren asks him to leave but the guy storms in and throws Jaren against the wall and goes after Brooke. Brookes adrenaline kicks in and she fights the guy off and kills him. She is shaken and calls her mother and her mother tells her she has to go to her uncle’s house where she will be safe and she has to bring Jaren.

When they get to her uncles house she is told the truth about her and who she really is. Shocked by what she hears she retreats to her room because she is told she is leaving to be protected by someone named Mirko. To make matters worse Jaren can’t handle the secret and becomes hostile towards Brooke and tells her the relationship is done. When she talks to her mother she decides she will leave but she has to take her best friend to. All the plans are set in motion and the three of them start their journey to meet Mirko. When they reach him Brooke is instantly curious about him because he looks like a teen to so how is this teen going to protect her but everything is not what it seems.

Brooke will have to trust Mirko and trust her friends with her life and learn that loving someone and having a crush on them can make a world of difference when you are not sure you are going to survive the day. What is a girl to do? Can she stand up and become the one thing she fears? Will she chose the right love? You’ll just have to read the book to find out!

Memorable Quotes: Page 189 Jaren talking to Brooke: He got up from the bed. “Fine. I’ll be civil with him until Jelena is taken care of, but this is not over for him. I may have been stupid before by not fighting to keep you, but I won’t make that mistake twice. You loved me first, and I intend to keep you.” He walked toward the door. When he opened it, he paused and looked over his shoulder. “I really am glad you’re okay.” Then he turned so that he faced me. “I love you, Brooke.” My jaw dropped, and he stepped outside the door and closed it.

Page 219 Mirko talking to Brooke: “Mirko?” I gasped. Tears filled my eyes and a relieved sob escaped my throat. I didn’t pay any attention to the other man who stepped out of the back of the car and onto the concrete, or the men who moments ago, had prepared to attack me. Mirko sped toward me, jumping up and sliding his hip along the trunk of the car to get to me. He caught me under my arms and lifted me in the air, spinning me in a tight embrace. The ruffles in my gown expanded, encircling us in an amethyst river of silk. He dropped me enough that my feet touched the ground, but he didn’t release me. He pressed his lips to mine, saying everything that words did not: fear, excitement, passion, and power. When he withdrew, his eyes blazed with flecks of copper, and his lips curled. “I love you,” he said and linked his lips to mine again. At that moment, I knew I felt the same way for him.

Advice: This book is a must read. I loved how Angeline weaved a different story of vampires and how they came to be. This story had me on the edge of my seat and I could not put it down. When I was done I wanted more, I was not ready to stop reading about Mirko and Jaren and Brooke.

Image and Blurb from: www.goodreads.com

No comments: