Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Bloodlines By Richelle Mead

Bloodlines (Bloodlines, #1)



Title: Bloodlines
Author: Richelle Mead
Series: Book # 1 of 7
Release Date: August 23, 2011

Source: Bought from Amazon

Blurb: When alchemist Sydney is ordered into hiding to protect the life of Moroi princess Jill Dragomir, the last place she expects to be sent is a human private school in Palm Springs, California. But at their new school, the drama is only just beginning.

Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, Bloodlines explores all the friendship, romance, battles and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive - this time in a part-vampire, part-human setting where the stakes are even higher and everyone's out for blood.

Warning: This book is very addictive! Spellbinding!

My Rating: 5 of 5

My Cover Thoughts: I absolutely love the cover! Sydney is so beautiful with her tattoo and Adrian, well he is just HAWT!

My Thoughts/Review: I absolutely loved this book. I was told that it started out slow and then did not go so well as Vampire Academy. Well to the people that told me that I want to say you are CRAZY because Richelle did an excellent job with Sydney’s story.

Sydney is am alchemist and she was raised not to trust vampires so she is very cautious around them. This is her story where we get to see what the alchemists are thinking and how they work. We also see firsthand that no matter who you are you can still be fooled and you must always watch your back.

Sydney is in charge of keeping Jill safe from rouge Moroi. They are enrolled in a private boarding school where things start to go downhill fast for people. Plus Sydney must face her worst enemy and deal with some baggage she has carried for years. Then she has to deal with selfish, egotistical Adrian. What is a girl to do? Will she solve the mystery at hand or will she and Jill end up in trouble or worse yet dead?

This story started out action packed and kept me on the edge of my seat wanting more. Plus the ending was STELLAR!!!!!!!!!! I will not ruin it for those who have not read it but the last page is my favorite!

Memorable Quotes: Page 412-413 Adrian speaking to Sydney in the apartment:

Adrian says “My God, Sage. Your eyes. How have I never noticed them?” That uncomfortable feeling was spreading over me again. “What about them?” “The color.” He breathed. “When you stand in the light. They’re amazing ...like molten gold. I could paint those...” He reached toward me but then pulled back. “They’re beautiful. You’re beautiful.”

Advice: This is a must read and if you loved Vampire Academy you are going to love this series as well.

Image and Blurb from: www.goodreads.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Review! It makes me want to read it.